Have You Been Told You Need Orthotics?
Your Local Cork Based Orthotics Expert
Ballinlough Rd, Cork
Open 8am-8pm and Saturdays 9am-5pm
Does any of this sound like you?
- Do you think you might need orthotics but are not sure if they will work?
- Are you confused on what orthotics to choose?
- Do you find that you are still in pain even with your expensive orthotics?
- Are you avoiding going for a walk because you know your foot will hurt?
- Have you already have Orthotics that are too big to fit in your shoes other than runners?
- Have you heard bad reports about Orthotics?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may have found the answer to your Orthotics questions
at Achilles Foot Clinic, Cork
What Are Orthotics?
Orthotics look very much like insoles but they are in fact medical devices, a bit like prescription glasses, that help to improve the mechanics of tissues and joints in your feet.
Custom Orthotics can help to:
- Correct imbalance in the unique movement patterns of your feet
- Reduce pain in the feet and other areas of stress and strain in the body.
I’m Lorcan O Donaile, Podiatrist and I’m the owner of Achilles Foot Clinic.
Since i setup my clinic in 2005 I have heard patients stories over and over again of patients with multiple Orthotics none of which worked. One patient had 12 pairs of Orthotics from various places and actually never needed any to begin with!
Most don’t know these facts;
- Pronation/flat feet is normal and usually does not require orthotics at all.
- Orthotics are usually not for life, in our clinic they are normally 18-36 months
- Orthotics do not have to be worn all day every day
- In Ireland unfortunately most people handing out Orthotics have done a weekend course or none at all.
I firmly believe that…
Nobody Should Be Given Orthotics Unless They Really Really Need Them.
I have made it my mission in Achilles Foot Clinic to tell people like you the truth regarding orthotics
6 Reasons To Choose Achilles Foot Clinic
- You Get Our Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment you don’t have to pay.) Terms & Conditions
- You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door
- You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone
- You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen On Saturday……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- You Can Take Up Our Of Offer A Free Phone Consult With Our Podiatry Team Before You Arrive If You Are Unsure If We Can Help You.
- You Get Treated By Medics Who Specialise In Feet Only, So They KNOW Whats Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
Step 1 - Comprehensive Foot and Ankle examination
Our experiened and knowledgable practitioners will examine :
- Your foot and ankle range of movement
- Your joint alignment
- The biomechanics of the way your walk
- Your muscle strength and tone
To identify exactly what is causing your foot pain
Step 2 - Latest Technology
Achilles Foot Clinic continually invest in the latest and most cutting edge technology when it comes to resolving our patients Foot Pain
We use video motion Gait Analyses to allow us to examine every part of your gait in detail no matter how fast you move.
We are one of the few clinics in Ireland to use both 3D scanning equipment like they have on the space station and our 3D Printed Orthotics when needed for Plantar Fasciitis.
As Seen On Operation Transformation
Step 3 - Recovery
Each treatment aims to gently and progressively get your foot and ankle moving again without pain, as quickly as possible, to allow you to get back to normal and start doing the things you love.
We will give you a structured rehabilitation exercise program, to help break the cycle and prevent the problem from returning.
Convenient Opening Hours:
We understand how busy life can get and how hard it can be to find time to schedule appointments around work.
So that you can prioritise your recovery and focus on getting better rather than asking for time off work, we are open:
We are conveniently located just outside Cork City centre in Ballinlough.
We are on the 215 bus route.
We also have FREE parking on our doorstep.